LIVE FROM THE FIELDS: Iceberg Lettuce in Yuma, Arizona
Watch the latest Markon Live from the Fields video regarding iceberg lettuce harvesting in Yuma, Arizona.
- Iceberg lettuce production has begun in a light way in Yuma, Arizona
- The bulk of production remains in Huron and Salinas, California, but will ramp up in Yuma and the surrounding desert areas this week and next
- Quality is very good, yet supplies remain tight and case weights for 24-count palletized lettuce are ranging from the mid-30s to low 40-pound range max
- Current fields look healthy with no virus/disease pressure or die-off, which were major problems closing out the Salinas season
- Cooler weather is forecast this week with lettuce ice possible Tuesday through Friday, November 19-13
- Expect case weights to increase slowly into next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2020 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.
November 10, 2020