LIVE FROM THE FIELDS: Mexican Green Onions
Watch a Markon Live from the Fields video about Mexican green onion operations in the Mexicali Valley.
- Green onion production involves vast amounts of skilled labor
- Over 500 workers were present in a field that a group of Markon member representatives recently visited with our supplier, Church Brothers
- The post-harvest steps of bunching, trimming, and packing green onions into totes is very tedious
- After the onions are prepped, they are sent to the processing facility to be cooled, washed, and packaged into various Ready-Set-Serve packs
- Approximately 70,000 pounds of green onions per day can be produced out of one field
- The current quality of green onions is very good; supplies are ample
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2019 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.
November 18, 2019